Why going to a Dublin dentist for routine teeth cleaning & dental exams are so important.
Teeth cleaning and exams are essential parts of oral hygiene care that can be extremely helpful in the prevention of developing new conditions. With consistent good oral hygiene practices and a well-balanced diet, you can help prevent oral diseases and other complications from occurring. Maintaining your oral health includes: getting examined by your dentist at least once a year, daily home cleanings, cleanings at your dentist’s office per Dr. Huang’s request, and x-rays when needed. Preventing problems before they arise can end up saving you a lot of time and money in the long run.
Maintaining your oral health includes: getting examined by your dentist at least once a year, daily home cleanings, cleanings at your dentist’s office per Dr. Huang’s request, and x-rays when needed. Preventing problems before they arise can end up saving you a lot of time and money in the long run.
Comprehensive dental exam
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Huang at your initial dental visit and may be repeated at later visits. A comprehensive dental exam is generally compromised of:
- Taking and reviewing digital x-rays - This is essential in the detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root health.
- Oral cancer screening - This is done by Dr. Huang by checking the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation - Dr. Huang will check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay - All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of previous and existing restorations - Dr. Huang will check your current fillings, crowns, etc. and their condition.
Professional dental cleaning
Professional dental cleanings are usually performed by dental hygienists. Your cleaning appointment at All In One Dental will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of tartar - Tartar is calcified plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. This can form above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque - Plaque is a sticky, nearly invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Polishing of the teeth - This is done to remove any stains and plaque that have been left on the teeth after brushing and flossing.
Maintaining your oral health at home
You can maintain your oral health at home by doing a few things daily. The things you can do to prevent oral health complications are:
- Brush your teeth! - You should brush your teeth at least two times daily. The ideal times to brush your teeth are in the morning when you wake up and at night before you go to bed. An electric toothbrush is greatly recommended. They were originally recommended to patients with dexterity problems in their hands but now are recommended for everyone. It has been proven that they are much more effective in removing plaque buildup and preventing gingivitis than conventional manual toothbrushes.
- Flossing - Flossing should be done at least once daily.
- Fluoride mouthwash - Fluoride mouthwash can be very effective in keeping teeth strong and protected. There are many fluoride mouthwash brands that you can choose from but the most common are “Listerine total care” and any flavor by the brand ACT. Both brands are available over the counter and can be found at most drug stores.
Contact All In One Dental Innovations today!
While getting a cleaning doesn’t mean you get to slack off with your daily habits, it does mean you have a better chance of getting healthy pearly whites. If you have any questions about routine teeth cleaning, call (925) 828-9811 or visit All In One Dental in Dublin, CA.
To request an appointment online, click here.
This review is long overdue. I've been coming here for the past few years and Dr. James and his staff are professional, courteous, and kind.
Dr. James is a great dentist and one that truly cares about the well-being of his patients and their dental care. He gives you a dental treatment path that best suits you and always follow through on his word!
Truly one of a kind in the business!!