Implant Dentistry: Residents Of Dublin Now Have Great Reasons For Having Dental Implants By Dr. Huang
Congratulations, you’re already considering making a life changing decision if you’re reading this. A decision that will renew your self-confidence and enhance your quality of life even. With dental implants, you’ll be able to correct your oral health problems. This includes: failing teeth, decayed teeth, missing teeth, and gum disease. Whether you only want to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or if you just don’t want dentures/partials, this may be a great option for you!
Choosing the right oral surgeon for implant dentistry
When you’re looking for quality dental implants, there’s no need to go from specialist to specialist. Our dental office offers comprehensive dental and orthodontic services at our office from Dr. Huang. From semi-annual checkups to dental implants, we have one convenient location in Dublin, CA. to fit all of your dental needs. Dr. James Huang is a respected specialist and highly trained in oral surgeries. You can rest easy and feel confident knowing your records will be spotlessly kept and organized, your dentist will truly know and understand your needs as a patient, and will provide individual care tailored around you and your needs.
With a friendly and caring staff who truly understands you and your needs, we will carefully guide you through each step of your dental implant procedure. People no longer have the fear of losing their teeth that they used to. Dentures are not the only option anymore for missing teeth. We have options for you to choose from and many of our treatments will have you looking like you have all your natural teeth still. With growing success, implants are now one of the most commonly practiced dental procedures!
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are metal posts or frames that are surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath your gums. Their purpose is to act as replacement roots. Since they are metal, they guarantee a strong foundation for your replacement teeth
How do dental implants work?
Since the implants are fused to your jawbone, they provide stable support for artificial teeth to be put on. Dentures and bridges mounted to implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth, an especially important benefit when eating and speaking. This secure fit helps dentures, bridges, crowns, and individual teeth, feel more natural than conventional bridges or dentures. For some people, ordinary bridges and dentures are simply not comfortable or may not even be possible. Dentures and bridges may not be possible for some people due to sore spots, poor ridges, or gagging. In addition, ordinary bridges must be attached to teeth on either side of the space left by the missing tooth.
An advantage of implants is that no adjacent teeth need to be prepared or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth/teeth in place. To receive implants, you need to have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. You must also commit to keeping these structures healthy. Meticulous oral hygiene and regular dental visits are critical to the long-term success of dental implants. They need to be cared for very well because implants can be more expensive than other methods of tooth replacement, and most insurance carriers typically cover less than 10 percent of the procedure. You do not want to have to get new implants because you didn’t take proper care of them.
Are there more than one type of implant available?
Yes, The American Dental Association considers two types of implants to be safe. They are:
- Endosteal implants - These implants are surgically implanted into the jawbone. After the gums have healed after this first procedure, a second surgery is then needed. This second surgery will be to connect a post to the original implant that was placed. Lastly, the artificial tooth/teeth, is then attached on the post. The teeth can be placed individually or placed in groups if they are on dentures or bridges.
- Subperiosteal implants - these implants consist of a metal frame that is fitted onto the jawbone. The location of this is slightly below the gums tissue. As the healing process happens for the gums, the frame then becomes fixed to the jawbone, almost as they were fused together
- The difference between these two types of implants is pretty big. With endosteal implants, replacement teeth are attached. With subperiosteal implants, the posts protrude through the gum.
Which implant method is best for me?
It is highly important that you choose a qualified and experienced dental professional such as Dr. Huang to carry out your implant procedure for you. It is a must that these are done correctly and that the right procedure is chosen based on your specific needs. It may be that you do not have the bone height for the standard dental implant and you may need the alternate. You want a professional that is able to make this decision for you and then carry through with the proper procedure.
Are dental implants a good fit for me?
While dental implants are a great solution for replacing missing teeth, not everyone may qualify for them. It is going to be partly determined by your general health, the health of your mouth, gums, and remaining teeth. You have to have a good bone structure that is healthy enough to support the implant, therefore, you might not qualify is disease or imperfections are present.
What does the implant procedure consist of?
The procedure that is going to be carried out is all going to depend on which dental implant has been determined to best suit you. Implant dentistry procedures can be used for replacing just one tooth or multiple teeth. In fact, there are many people now that are having dental implants to replace all of their teeth rather than having to rely on a bridge or dentures. Below are detailed steps of the implant procedure.
Detailed implant dentistry procedures are as follows:
Preparing the Jaw for Implantation: A dental implant restoration is commonly composed of a titanium screw and crown. A small-diameter hole (pilot hole) is drilled where the missing tooth would be, in order to guide the titanium screw that holds the dental implant in place. Dentists must use great precaution and be precise while doing this to avoid damaging vital jaw and face structures. Many dental professionals use CT scans to create the path that they will take when boring the pilot hole and sizing the jaw bone to avoid causing any damage.
Placement of the Implant: After the initial pilot hole has been drilled into the appropriate jaw site, it is slowly widened to allow placement of the implant screw. Once in place, surrounding gum tissue is secured over the implant and a protective cover screw is placed on top to allow the site to heal. After up to six months of healing, your dentist will then uncover the implant and attach the object that will hold the implant in place, to the implant. In some cases, the implant holder may be attached during the initial procedure. When this holder is in place, your dentist then will create a temporary crown. The process is completed when the temporary crown is taken off and the permanent crown is placed and bonded to the tooth.
James Huang, DDS will pay close attention to the structure and health of the bones in your upper and lower jaw. It may be necessary to build the bone up because of bone loss that may have occurred for a variety of reasons. For the upper jaw, this would possibly require the need for a sinus augmentation, also known as a sinus lift. If it is the lower jaw then a bone graft may be a requirement. Other corrections may have to be made to the bone structure before a successful dental implant can be carried out. This is another reason why it is important to have a highly skilled professional like Dr. Huang perform this procedure for you no matter whether it is the replacement of one tooth or several teeth.
What are the benefits of implants?
- Dental implants will solve many of the dental problems that you may have been dealing with, such as missing teeth.
- It is the best alternative to your natural teeth.
- Your teeth are going to look great and you are going to have the confidence in having a great smile.
- You will be able to break down and digest your food properly which may not have been the case while you were dealing with missing teeth.
- You don’t have to worry about taking them out to clean and maintain.
- You can count on the longevity and durability of a dental implant for years if it is cared for properly.
What should I expect after getting implants?
You can expect a beautiful natural look that is going to last. When utilizing the oral surgery services of Dr. Huang to have your dental implants done, you can expect this to be carried out with minimal discomfort and not having to deal with any repercussions or adverse effects.
We offer many dental implant related services at All In One Dental Innovations. Here’s what to expect:
- First-time dental implants – When missing a tooth, many patients are concerned about how they look cosmetically. A missing tooth can alter the structure of one’s face, increasing self-consciousness about one’s appearance. In addition to this, losing a tooth can also affect one’s bite by putting strain on the jaw and making chewing and eating more difficult. The open space can make us vulnerable to periodontal disease, which has been clinically linked to more serious health conditions such as diabetes. A dental implant in Dublin, CA can be the first step to restoring your healthy smile.
- Implant replacement and restoration – Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper maintenance and care. However, occasionally, implants may become dislodged or broken, or one’s body may reject an implant. If your implant was not properly installed, or somehow became damaged, our dental implant specialist, Dr. Huang, can replace it. Depending on your implants warranty, we may be able to do so free of charge.
- Sinus Implants – Sinus implants are also called sinus lifts. Dr. Huang will not be lifting the sinus, but rather the membrane surrounding it, known as the Schneiderian membrane. By teasing loose the membrane, Dr. Huang is able to implant bone particles into the sinus floor. The main purpose of this procedure is to add support for a dental implant.
Contact All In One Dental in Dublin, CA today!
All in One Dental Innovations is proud to offer quality dental implant services in Dublin, CA. Whether you are looking for first-time implants, replacement implants, or repairs to existing implants, our dentist office will serve you with attentiveness and courtesy. Call (925) 828-9811 today to schedule an appointment! Click here to request an appointment online!
This review is long over due. I've been coming here for the past few years and Dr. James and his staff are professional, courteous, and kind.
Dr. James is a great dentist and one that truly cares about the well-being of his patients and their dental care. He gives you a dental treatment path that best suits you and always follow through on his word!
Truly one of a kind in the business!!